It’s less than two weeks before The ESTAS 2018 held in London on Friday April 20.
It’s the biggest and best bash in our industry, so here’s all you need to know about the big day…
What makes The ESTAS so special? The ESTAS are the biggest awards for the estate and letting agent industry in the UK and 1,000 guests will attend this year. The awards are unique as the winning agents, mortgage brokers and suppliers are selected purely on customer service ratings provided by customers, - some 36,000 took part this year.
Can I attend? Yes, tickets are available to all property professionals and there are still some available. You can book tickets online at theestas.com.
Should I attend? Yes, it’s an inspiring day! And it’s also a fantastic opportunity to network with the property industry’s finest agents, brokers and supplier. You can’t help but leave with a big smile on your face and a new spring in your step as you remember why you work in this great industry of ours (Note; this may have something to do with the amount of alcohol you have consumed...).
Where does it take place? The ESTAS is a lunch time event held in the spectacular Great Room at the Grosvenor House Hotel on Park Lane in London. The lavish ballroom was originally designed as an ice rink for British Royalty. The room also hosts the BAFTA dinner each year.
What should I wear? It’s a lunch time event so leave the bow tie and ballgown at home. Either a smart suit or a cocktail dress is the order of the day.
And here come the numbers...
- 36,000 customers completed a survey
- 7,000 miles of cable are used to power the show
- 1,000 estate and letting agents, mortgage advisors and suppliers will attend
- 800 bottles of champagne will be consumed
- 560 manhours are used to construct the set and stage
- 200 firms shortlisted
- 100 waiters will keep plates and glasses full
- 24 chefs will cook the 4 course luncheon
- 15 is the number of years Phil Spencer has hosted The ESTAS
- 2 tonnes is the combined weight of The ESTAS trophies
- 1 agency will win the Grand Prix Award
Angels Media (the publisher of Estate Agent Today and Letting Agent Today) is the official media partner for The ESTAS ... so we’ll see you there!