A letting agency has denied that 'highly toxic' gas is leaking into one of its tenant's homes in Worcester.
Leaders has said that it is confident that all safety procedures have been followed and that the home is both safe and compliant to gas safety standards.
The tenant, Julie Parker, 58, has told a local newspaper that she believes an overflow pipe is leaking toxic hydrogen sulphide into the home she shares with her 30-year-old daughter.
A number of contractors have been called out by the agency with the conclusion that there is no 'significant cause for concern'.
A spokesperson for the agency told the Halesowen News that 'thoroughly vetted and highly experienced contractors' have examined the property. They said Environmental Health and Property Standards have also completed independent reviews which support the conclusions of the contractors.
The spokesperson said: "We want all of our tenants to feel confident and comfortable in their homes, so we are working with Ms Parker and her landlord to establish a solution to this problem that Ms Parker is completely satisfied and comfortable with."
"We are, however, confident that all safety procedures have been followed and that Ms Parker’s home is both safe and compliant to gas safety standards."
The tenant has started her own investigation after she felt the situation was being 'ignored' by Leaders.
She believes there has been a release of 'highly toxic sewer gas' which includes hydrogen sulphide and ammonia.
The tenant says whatever she eats or drinks 'tastes of gas' and that she is 'exhausted' from lack of sleep due to fear of spending too much time upstairs inhaling the gas.
You can see the full local news report here.