By using this website, you agree to our use of cookies to enhance your experience.
Graham Awards


Tragedy as young agent dies of undiagnosed meningitis infection

A 23 year old lettings agent has tragically died from a bacterial form of meningitis, a serious infection of the thin lining that surrounds the brain and spinal cord.

Abigail Harris, from Cheltenham in Gloucestershire, worked for Connells; she had been feeling ill for several months but had tried to shake it off.

She died last month but details of the death were revealed this week to coincide with World Meningitis Day.


Her parents Nicola and Andy, step-parents Dawn and Christopher, brothers Ryan and Liam, as well as fiance Kieron and extended family members say they have been devastated by their loss.

“She has left a gaping hole in our family and our hearts … Abigail was an incredible girl with a bright, bubbly and fun-loving personality. She was always smiling, she brought happiness into any room” read the family’s tribute.

In her memory, relatives are raising money for the charity Meningitis Now, which wants to stop the disease devastating lives. They are also encouraging parents to make sure their teenagers have the MenACWY vaccine, which protects against four different strains of meningococcal bacteria.

Everyone at Letting Agent Today sends sincere condolences to Abigail’s family, friends and work colleagues.

You can see an extensive newspaper report here.


Please login to comment

MovePal MovePal MovePal
sign up