By using this website, you agree to our use of cookies to enhance your experience.
Graham Awards


Agents urged to call council before serving eviction notices

A local authority is urging letting agents within its boundary to get in touch before serving eviction notices on private tenants.

Gedling council in Nottinghamshire is working with neighbouring authorities to promote the Call B4 you Serve service.

This is an independent service funded across Nottinghamshire and Derbyshire by central government to work with agents, landlords and tenants to prevent evictions where possible.


The service can offer advice on financial support including help with payments towards rent arrears if someone is in danger of becoming homeless. 

The service also provides direct support and advice on benefit applications around universal credit and other housing and rent support.

So far, the scheme claims to have supported over 300 residents and 250 landlords.

Landlords or agents who need help can email CB4YS@derby.gov.uk; Tenants facing difficulty can call Gedling Borough Council for a referral to the service.

  • icon

    Bailiffs evict; Landlords repossess.

  • PossessionFriendUK PossessionFriend

    ... and did said Council, " work with Landlords when they imposed Licensing "
    'fraid stab you in the back then ask for favours doesn't work !

  • Mick Roberts

    That's it PossessionFriend. Nottingham Council Selective Licensing stabs u in back, yet the Homeless side are desperate for u cause Licensing has made their jobs 4 times harder.

    I deal with Call B4 you Serve, Helen. She's very good.

    Nottingham Council won't deal with it, or provide funding.


Please login to comment

MovePal MovePal MovePal
sign up