STAY CONNECTED!
    
newsletter-button
KEYWORD "Health and Safety Executive" - 16 RESULTS
Suspended jail sentence after failing to maintain gas appliances

A landlord from Cornwall has been fined after failing to maintain gas appliances at his rental properties in Launceston.   Truro Crown Court...

11 September 2017

From: Breaking News

Bill of £17,500 for failing to maintain gas appliance at rental property

A landlord has been fined over £15,000 after failing to maintain gas appliances at the domestic property in Haverfordwest.   Llanelli Magistrates’ Court...

24 July 2017

From: Breaking News

Suspended prison sentence after private tenants' lives were endangered

The landlord of a property risked the lives of his tenants and their young family by not undertaking annual safety checks...

19 December 2016

From: Breaking News

Don’t let damp and mould damage your property

Damp and mould can mean big problems for landlords, letting agents and tenants. It can cause stress and even health issues...

02 November 2016

From: Sponsored Content

Suspended sentence after failure to check rental gas fittings

A landlord has been given a suspended prison sentence following his failure to maintain or check the gas fittings in one of his properties. A...

20 October 2016

From: Breaking News

Suspended sentence, curfew, tags and costs for ignoring gas safety

A landlord has received a suspended six month prison sentence after he ignored repeated warnings about arranging an annual gas safety...

26 April 2016

From: Breaking News

Another day, another landlord fined for endangering tenants

The landlord of a property in Plymouth risked the lives of his tenants through a dangerous gas boiler installed in the...

12 April 2016

From: Breaking News

Suspended prison sentence for failing to have gas boiler safety-checked

A London landlord has been given an eight week suspended prison sentence after failing to have a gas boiler in a...

22 March 2016

From: Breaking News

Suspended sentence for buy to let owner reconnecting capped gas

A buy to let landlord in Stockton-on-Tees, has been sentenced after illegally uncapping and reconnecting a gas supply. Teeside Magistrates’ Court heard...

07 March 2016

From: Breaking News

Failure to provide gas certificate leads to community service and hefty fine

A private landlord has been prosecuted after failing to provide gas safety certificates for two rented properties.  Harrogate Magistrates’ Court heard that...

11 January 2016

From: Breaking News

£23,000 fine and costs after property risked tenants' lives

The landlord of a property in Plymouth risked the lives of his tenants through a dangerous gas boiler installed in the...

02 December 2015

From: Breaking News

Fine after tenants suffer carbon monoxide poisoning

A landlord has been fined after a family of five suffered carbon monoxide poisoning at their rented home. North Avon Magistrates’ Court...

17 November 2015

From: Breaking News

Meagre £265 fine after faulty gas appliance found at rental property

A landlord has been fined a meagre £265 after a defective gas appliance was found to be in operation at his...

21 October 2015

From: Breaking News

Legionnaires' - property firm says agents and landlords must test regularly

A property management firm is warning letting agents and landlords to fulfil their responsibilities to protect tenants from Legionnaires’ disease. Despite laws...

01 October 2015

From: Breaking News

Lettings firm prosecuted over carbon monoxide risk

A mother and her young son were put at risk of suffering carbon monoxide poisoning for seven years at their home,...

07 September 2015

From: Breaking News

Software firm reveals blizzard of red tape tying up lettings sector

The changes to tax relief for landlords comes on top of a blizzard of new health and safety requirements, regulations and...

09 July 2015

From: Breaking News

imgcollapse