After the successful launch of its new hands-on workshop covering inventories and check-in and check-out procedures in October 2011, The Association of Independent Inventory Clerks (AIIC) is holding the workshop again, on the 27 February 2012.
The workshop will follow the ‘Guidelines for Inventory Clerks’ course on 25/26 February 2012 at the Holiday Inn, 500 Basingstoke Road, Reading RG2 0SL.
Pat Barber, Chair of the AIIC said: “We are delighted with the success of our new one day, interactive workshop. The key benefit for delegates is that it is a hands-on workshop, allowing them to put into practice what they have learnt on check-in and check-out procedures.
“The feedback we have received from delegates has been very positive and we have a number of people waiting to attend the next workshop in February 2012. The interactive workshop is aimed at new and inexperienced clerks and also individuals who are thinking of becoming an inventory Clerk. It is also ideal for any associate members, colleagues or landlords.”
The training course starts at 9.30am and finishes at 5.30pm each day and the new workshop starts at 9.30am and finishes at 4.30pm. The training course and workshop will focus on the following:
The Two Day Course – 25/26 February 2012
• How to make an inventory including order, layout and what to look for
• Purpose of a check-in and how to conduct one
• Legal aspects of inventory work
• Guidance notes for tenants
• Cleaning issues
• Purpose of a check-out, how to conduct one and compile the report
• Role play “Problems that can arise”
• Personal safety
• Equipment and reference books
• Fair Wear and Tear
- the quality of the supplied item (and that will vary greatly)
- the condition at check-in
- the condition at check-out
Optional One Day Practical Workshop – 27 February 2012
• Using equipment supplied or your own chosen method - compile your first inventory. Put theory into practice for those detailed descriptions needed
• Practical ‘hands on’ experience of check in and check out inspections
• Dealing with problem tenants – role play with experienced clerks
• Practical tips and advice on using your people skills in unusual situations.
• Delegates participation is encouraged
• All course workbooks included.
All attendees must have previously attended the AIIC two day course, the optional one day workshop is not a substitute for full training but, in response to requests, an added extra to give confidence and practical experience before setting up in business.
AIIC is a not-for-profit, membership organisation committed to excellence and professionalism in the property inventory process. AIIC works hard to ensure that all landlords, tenants and letting agents understand the importance and benefits of professionally completed property inventories.
For further information on training courses, please visit