x
By using this website, you agree to our use of cookies to enhance your experience.
STAY CONNECTED!
    
newsletter-button
CORONAVIRUS UPDATE

See the latest Coronavirus statistics from across the world on our world map SEE MAP UK Confirmed cases: 277,985 | UK Deaths: 39,369 SEE MAP Italy Confirmed cases: 233,515 | Italy Deaths: 33,530 | Italy Recovered: 160,092 SEE MAP Spain Confirmed cases: 239,932 | Spain Deaths: 27,127 | Spain Recovered: 150,376 SEE MAP See the latest Coronavirus statistics from across the world on our world map SEE MAP UK Confirmed cases: 277,985 | UK Deaths: 39,369 SEE MAP Italy Confirmed cases: 233,515 | Italy Deaths: 33,530 | Italy Recovered: 160,092 SEE MAP Spain Confirmed cases: 239,932 | Spain Deaths: 27,127 | Spain Recovered: 150,376 SEE MAP

award
award award
award award

TODAY'S OTHER NEWS

Lettings firm prosecuted over carbon monoxide risk

A mother and her young son were put at risk of suffering carbon monoxide poisoning for seven years at their home, a court has heard.

The woman’s landlord - the lettings company Rent4U Ltd, of Manchester - was prosecuted by the Health and Safety Executive after an inspection of the gas boiler at her home in Ashton-under-Lyne found it was in a condition classified as ‘immediately dangerous’.

Trafford Magistrates’ Court heard that the firm failed to arrange an annual gas safety check at the terraced house on Marlborough Street between 2007 and 2014.

The court was told that Rent4U had previously been served with two Improvement Notices by HSE in 2013 after failing to arrange annual gas safety checks at two other properties.

Rent4U Ltd, of Christie Fields, Manchester, was fined £4,000 and ordered to pay £7,000 in prosecution costs after pleading guilty to two breaches of the Gas Safety (Installation and Use) Regulations 1998.

icon

Please login to comment

Zero Deposit Zero Deposit Zero Deposit
sign up