A selection of letting agents, estate agents and property professionals were recognised as 'outstanding learners' at the Propertymark Qualifications Awards last week.
The ceremony, formerly known as the NFoPP Awards, took place on Friday evening at Le Meridien in Piccadilly, central London.
Awards are handed to property professionals who have achieved the highest marks in Propertymark qualifications. There are also special awards reserved for those who have taken an exceptional individual or company-wide commitment to learning.
This year, ten winners were awarded trophies spanning letting, sales, inventories, commercial property and auctioneering.
Nik Madan and David Mackie, respective presidents of ARLA Propertymark and NAEA Propertymark, were on the judging panel. They were joined by Melfyn Williams, chairman of the governing body of Propertymark Qualifications, David Hughes, programme development leader at awards sponsor MOL and Michael Smith, head of qualifications for Propertymark Qualifications.
Sara Hawkins was awarded Lettings Candidate of the Year for her Level 4 Certificate, while Jenai Renton was handed the gong for Sales Candidate of the Year for a Level 2 Award.
There was also a special Lifelong Achievement award for former NAEA president and partner at Arnolds Keys, Jan Hytch.
Mark Hayward, NAEA Propertymark chief executive, commented: “Propertymark Qualifications Awards are a key point in the year when the industry comes together to celebrate a commitment to education. This evening we have focused in on early career potential and outstanding achievement in lifelong learning.”
“The right approach to education makes a good agent really stand out; fostering an appetite for learning and combining that with professional experience both in relation to individuals and embedded within the culture of a business.”
He added: “This year there have been candidates who achieved to an exceptionally high standard and some who have overcome adversity in their learning, I congratulate them all on their achievement. The industry has a lot to be proud of.”
The list of winners is reproduced in full below:
• Sara Hawkins - Lettings Candidate of the Year 2017 (Level 4 Certificate)
• Jenai Renton - Sales Candidate of the Year 2017 (Level 2 Award)
• Victoria Kenyon - Auctioneering Candidate of the Year 2017 (Technical Award)
• Christine James - Commercial Candidate of the Year 2017 (Technical Award)
• Alex Barwick - Inventory Candidate of the Year 2017 (Technical Award)
• Hannah Bavin - Newcomer of the Year 2017
• John Pye & Sons - Employer Qualifications Ambassador of the Year 2017
• Christopher Wood - Rising Star 2017
• Jan Hytch - Lifelong Achievement 2017
• Callum Ellis - Learner of the Year 2017