Rightmove says it has identified the 20 most expensive rental locations in the UK outside of London - and surprise, surprise, a Surrey location comes top.
The portal says that across the country demand for rental property is at a record high, with the website seeing a 73 per cent increase in email enquiries sent from home-hunters to letting agents in the past year.
It has looked at the costs of renting a two bed property and Esher comes out as the dearest location - costing almost £2,000 per month - with the top ten priciest areas dominated by Surrey, Berkshire and Oxfordshire.
The top twenty most expensive places are:
- Esher, Surrey (£1,913)
- Oxford, Oxfordshire (£1,612)
- Weybridge, Surrey (£1,446)
- Marlow, Buckinghamshire (£1,424)
- Ascot, Berkshire (£1,412)
- Henley-On-Thames, Oxfordshire (£1,385)
- Egham, Surrey (£1,353)
- Windsor, Berkshire (£1,351)
- Bushey, Hertfordshire (£1,330
- Guildford, Surrey (£1,309)
- Epsom, Surrey (£1,269)
- Walton-On-Thames, Surrey (£1,232)
- St. Albans, Hertfordshire (£1,222)
- Chertsey, Surrey (£1,210)
- Woking, Surrey (£1,209)
- Loughton, Essex (£1,208)
- Sevenoaks, Kent (£1,193)
- Reigate, Surrey (£1,184)
- Borehamwood, Hertfordshire (£1,184)
- Cambridge, Cambridgeshire (£1,182)