Letting Agent Today is launching a daily service to help agents facing the Coronavirus threat.
This is where you’ll find news, advice and government guidance for our industry.
If you have ideas and information to help colleagues beat the virus please tell us on email@example.com.
In the meantime, here's our first daily update:
- There’s new information published over the weekend here from the Law Society on handling transactions during the virus period.
- Government guidance for employers during this period is here.
- Some corporate agencies and suppliers including Zoopla used the weekend to ‘stress-tested’ working from home, to assess how IT and staff may operate remotely.
- Rightmove is hosting a webinar this afternoon at 3pm with respected industry consultant Peter Knight who will be telling agents how to prepare for and make the most of working from home: this webinar will be on the Rightmove hub.
- Rightmove is also sending agents additional information to help them if they or their staff are obliged to self-isolate and work from home.
- The Guild of Property Professionals’ chief executive Iain McKenzie is hosting a Facebook Live session tomorrow on the Guild’s closed Facebook Group, which is open to members only. It will offer advice on how to still win business from home, and tips on how to use a new video tool which is expected to be available to Guild agents from March 31.
- PropTech firm Goodlord is also arranging a webinar covering similar topics tomorrow morning.
- The Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors announced that it would not be holding any “face to face RICS events, conferences, meetings and other gatherings” from today until April 24. Other guidance to RICS members will appear online.
We’ve also been contacted by one agency, RedDoor, with an article which explains what that firm has done to try to counteract the drop in viewings since the crisis began. You can see it here - and our thanks to Ryan at the company for sharing it. Please feel free to send us similar articles if you have experiences to share.
More on Conquering Corona tomorrow - and please keep in touch with information and appropriate advice. Thank you.